Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Here's one I made earlier........











I made this circa 1805-10 bib-fronted dress from a badly damaged paisley shawl a few years ago. The linen flaps overlap and are pinned together. Then the 'bib' front is pinned on either side over the top of the flaps. Two ties then are passed around the centre back through loops to pull up the front skirt panel to fit. These dresses are very practical as you can dress yourself without help. The contrast decoration on the bodice front and sleeves came from the border of the shawl which I used for the entire hem.





3 comments:

Lauren said...

Lovely!

Farida Mestek said...

Wow! This is so pretty!

Time Traveling in Costume said...

This is a really pretty color combination.
Val