Monday, 24 October 2011

Guest Lecture at Wimbledon College of Art

Last week I really enjoyed meeting the 2nd Year Costume Interpretation students at Wimbledon College of Art. I lectured on Empire and Regency Clothing as part of a project. I also bought a few original  items from my collection and some examples of the clothing I had re-created.

The students have a fantastic project where they are re-creating a fashion plate or a portrait dated between c.1811-1825. I was very inspired by their ideas and I'm looking forward to returning and seeing the results of their hard work.

Here are some links to a couple of blogs with photos from the lecture and details of the objects I bought to show them.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/natalie+garbett

http://ornamentedembellished.tumblr.com/post/11813718281/ornamentedbeing-natalie-garbett-brought-some



I would also like to mention the Metropolitan Museum 'search the collections' database again. It is an invaluable resource for referencing and inspiration!

No comments: