Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Napoleon and the Empire of Fashion in the USA

I am very pleased to announce that two dresses from the collection are currently on display at Hillwood Estate Museum in Washington DC. They are on loan as part of an exhibition entitled, 'The Style that ruled the Empires: Russia, Napoleon and 1812'. I really like the new look mannequins and the way they are displayed with a mirror so you can see the back of the garments.

 http://www.hillwoodmuseum.org/exhibitions/1812/

Photo courtesy of Cristina Barreto

Photo courtesy of Cristina Barreto

6 comments:

Susan said...

Exciting! Welcome to America!

Barbee said...

Several of us are going to see the exhibit in March. Looking forward to it!

Lizzie said...

I love the new mannequins. ! x

Sandi said...

The new mannequins look so real.
When Phil first posted the photos from the original exhibition, I thought that the dresses were being shown on live models, but these new ones look even more realistic. (Thoughts of Carry On Screaming pop into my head!!) ;-)

lahbluebonnet said...

I'm planning on going Sunday!
Laurie

lahbluebonnet said...

I got to see these today!
Laurie