Tuesday, 25 September 2012

What have I been doing for the past few months......?

Just a quick update. I have been making most of the the court dresses and trains for the Jubile Imperial at Chateau Malmaison, plus other items. I will post more information soon........





Detail of pink silk satin redingote c.1806-1808. Worn for the arrival of Josephine at Malmaison

Hand finishing the train of Josephine. Thanks to Lizzie Drake for her help in finishing the trains!





Here is a nice video made by Jurgen Vsych where you can see the dresses in action!




6 comments:

ZipZip said...

Good heavens, the magnificence!

I will have to watch the videos repeatedly to get the full sense of what the experience this year was -- and really might have been like back in the early nineteenth century.

What will become of the costumes now?

Very best,

Natalie

Andrew Schroeder said...

That redingote is STUNNING!

Fichu1800 said...

Thank you. The court dresses are ready for the next event......watch this space ;-)

Loni said...

6I am in awe! The gown you made is magnificent! I can't wait to see more! :)

Grace said...

How beautiful! I am in love with all the details!

Fichu1800 said...

Thank you for all your kind and positive comments. I will be posting more about the event shortly.