Tuesday, 13 August 2013

I'm Back! A quick round up!

Showing a round gown c.1798 similar to one that Jane Austen describes in her letters (not original, but recreated by myself)
Photo courtesy of John van der Stap 
Attending the 'The Netherfield Ball' in Bath June 2013......or recreating Miss Bingley ;-)



Greetings to my followers. Time is passing so quickly this year and as always I have been very busy! 

I have also been creating a lot of clothing for my customers and travelling which has prevented me from updating my blog for a while.

A few weeks ago I was delighted to do my first ever talk on the subject of 'What Jane Wore' for a special event by PandP Tours. I talked about what Jane Austen actually wore through descriptions in her letters and other primary evidence. I also showed original items from my collection. 

The size of an original shawl....Photo courtesy of John van der Stap






No comments: